Except this time - this time I'm writing about a special find that came as a birthday gift! In one fell swoop it dramatically simplified the jumbled contents of my liquor cabinet, and since we're all into the best things I thought I'd share. Introducing...
- Corkscrew - the weakest addition, but it's there; I still prefer my waiter's corkscrew.
- Bottle Opener - pretty straight forward.
- Knife - quite scary looking actually, and sharp.
- Zester/Channel Knife - for zesting the rind or peeling it off in cocktails.
- Stirring Rod - it folds out all ninja style, and it doesn't collapse when stirring.
- Strainer - when you want the cold without the ice.
- Jigger - I know hipsters insist on the science, but great mixology allows for the wisdom of eye-pours and the serendipitous meeting of elixirs and chaos theory. Still, to each his/her own.
- Muddler - when you're trying to teach your kids proper muddling style so they don't embarrass themselves at college.
- Reamer - kind of on the muddler, but you can always hollow the fruit out when you don't want to muddle it.
This isn't plasticky or eye-candy - it's a real tool meant for real use with fold-out accessories that are well set and well designed. Happy to recommend it for the aspiring zen masters out there.